FB 16 #2217 Practicum Microsystem Technology
A registration in HIS or OKA is mandatory and urgently required for the participation in one of our labs. The registration should be done right in the beginning of each semester!
The fundamental of Microsystems and the working with micro-electro-mechanical-systems (MEMS).
Cleaving of glass and of silicon wafer parts.
Observing the effect of stress on microstructures.
(To be announced)
Please come to INA, Heinrich-Plett-Straße 40, 3rd floor, room 3107.
Important: It is mandatory to attend the kick-off meeting. You will not be allowed to join the lab without attending.
- Understanding structure miniaturization
- Preparing for clean room working
- Cleaving wafers and substrates correctly
- Accurate measurements: calibration of the set-up (Microscope)
- Measuring the bending of the structure and learning the effect of stress on microstructures.
What you will gain from the practicum
- You will learn from this practicum the proper working with microstructure which is the requirement for working in the clean room.
- You will know how to cleave wafers and samples accurately and how to work with microscope and take precise measurements.
- You will learn how underetching and what are the effects of stress on microstructures.
- Team-based working experience in a modern research environment.
The student team is supervised by Mr. Tsegaye and Ms. Shen, who are responsible for the coordination of the practicum for all participating students.
Those who have attended or are attending the Microsystem Technology lecture are invited to participate in the practicum.
- S. Büttgenbach: Mikromechanik - Einführung in Technologie und Anwendungen, 2. Aufl., Teubner Verlag, 1994
- W. Menz und J. Mohr: Mikrosystemtechnik für Ingenieure, 2. Aufl., VCH Verlag, 1997
- Dossier: Mikrosystemtechnik, Spektrum der Wissenschaften, Sonderband 4
- A. Heuberger: Mikromechanik, Springer Verlag, 1991
- H. I. Smith: Submicron- and nanometer-structures technology, 2nd edition, NanoStructures Press, 437 Peakham Road, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA, 1994
- D. V. Morgan and K. Board: An introduction to semiconductor microtechnology, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester 1994
- Wahlveranstaltung für Elektrotechnik(Master) - Mikrosystemtechnik Praktikum FB16-2217
- Master ECE