Optoelectronics project work
A registration in HIS or OKA is mandatory and urgently required for the participation in one of our labs. The registration should be done right in the beginning of each semester!
- Practice in theoretical model calculations. The engineer should learn to understand basics and fundamental interaction of effects by a variation of geometric and material parameters
- The student will learn how to design advanced photonic devices
- Introduction to scientific work. The engineer learns how to analyze and to interpret calculated theoretical data
- To structure the analyzed data and parameter series in such a way that the uninvolved reader can understand and follow the argumentation
- Methodology of project organization and project management, team work.
Competences to be acquired
- To create new or modify existing models according to the given problem
- To analyze data series with respect to the given problem
- To experience synergies in knowledge during the comparison and analysis of theoretical and experimental data
- Introduction into appropriate scientific working.
What you will gain from the practicum
- Theoretical model calculation using advanced software tools on problems at the research front
- Example: calculation of laser spectra with the goal to optimize and design an advanced VCSEL with complex coupling (real and imaginary part in refractive index). This is done for a novel hybrid structure combining inorganic and organic materials
- Variation of basic parameters, like Δn, measurements and evaluation of different characteristics
- The simulations are defined according to general and actual problems in optoelectronics and are related to research topics of the working group
Profound knowledge in optoelectronics
Scientific papers/books according to project topics.
CurriculumMaster Uni m.v.Abschl. Electrical Communication Engineering Master
The next dates for the kick-off-meetings are going to be on Friday 21st of April, 2017 and on Friday 21st of July, 2017 starting at 8am.
INA / Technological Electronics
Third floor, room 3107
Registration for the project work
Plrease consider that the registration for a project work will take place at the kick-off meetings.
Your OKA or HIS registration is possible until Friday 29th of September, 2017. However, please note that the deadline for the enrollment for the examination in OKA or HIS is only possible until 7 days before this deadline.
For questions contact Mr. Taimoor by email.
The results have to be presented in a final presentation as well as in a report.